Dollar General Corp. HQ
Jan 2011 ~ Jul 2017
Senior WebFOCUS / Applications Developer
WebFOCUS 76 > WebFOCUS 82
This was a full-time employment opportunity.
• My responsibilities included, but was not limited to the following: application development for IT and other departments, requirements acquisition, documentation (SOX/SDLC), QA and user test and acceptance, maintenance and support, and mentoring junior level developers.
• I was hand selected by several other department directors to create specific complex applications as part of their team.
• Developed and maintained SDLC documentation for requirements definitions, design and technical specifications, development, and technical and user acceptance testing.
• Partnered with senior management and business users to deliver numerous complex applications.
• Engineered advanced level reports and charts with extensive UX parameter pages, reporting, and drill-down capabilities.
• Increased productivity by more than 50% by mentoring junior-level developers in the use of the WebFOCUS tools for application analysis and development.
• Reduced project completion time by as much as 75% by constructing reporting templates and standards.
• Transformed 200+ reports from BIRT and C++ to WebFOCUS 82 as the technical lead.
• Decreased processing time by at least 80% for the weekly and monthly reporting cycles by converting major applications from Oracle Reports to WebFOCUS. The complete reporting cycles generated and distributed 18K store and organizational level reports in approximately 20 minutes instead of one to two hours.