FORD Motor Credit
Aug 2009 ~ Dec 2009
Senior WebFOCUS / Applications Developer
FORD Motor Corp HQ hired me immediately after this contract ended (Jan 2010 ~ Oct 2010).
• Decreased project timeline and application accuracy for a project to convert reports from Business Objects to WebFOCUS in support of driving forward BI reporting analytics.
• Improved the development efforts by analyzing the pre-existing reports and testing the new WebFOCUS reports.
• Improved the user experience by creating new dashboard applications, simplified parameter pages, and reports with advanced level summary graphs and drill-downs to extensive detail reports.
• Decreased development time by creating significant Proofs of Concept (POCs) to demonstrate various advanced level concepts to solve difficult requirements.
• Increased application security by developing the security mechanism used for data-level security between WebFOCUS and Teradata. This mechanism could also be used for application or report level security.
• Increased user buy-in by creating significant dashboard applications with advanced level graphs detail reports.
• Decreased development time by interfacing directly with the business users, end-users, and management to determine the scope, requirements, estimates, and project deliverables.
• Decreased issue analysis and resolution time by creating and maintaining complete application documentation.
• Analyzed the original P&L Statements to discover incorrect calculations and corrected them in the newly converted reports.
• Converted a complete Business Objects application to WebFOCUS as part of a talented team.